Ladakh on Wheels
An overland safari to a Lost Kingdom!!
Duration... 12 days
Dates: 28th May, 15th July, 27th August 2007
28th May – Day 01: Mumbai – Delhi – (O/N Journey)
Leave for by Air by Spice Jet. Reporting time at Domestic Airport will be 10.00 AM, arrival at Delhi Airport and transfer to Janpath to board a Volvo A/C Bus for by evening. O/N Journey.
29th May – Day 02: .
Reach by Morning, check into Hotel. Full day at leisure and rest. O/N
30th May – Day 03: – Sarchu (222 Kms – 10 Hrs)
Leave for Sarchu by early Morning by 5.am, Breakfast at Marhi, cross Rohtang Pass (13050 ft), Enter Lahaul Valley, Pass by Koksar, Tandi (Where Chandra River Meets Bhaga River), Lunch Break at Keylong, Cross Baralacha Pass (16020 ft), Evening Tea Break at Bharatpur, Reach Sarchu (13953 ft) by late afternoon. O/N Sarchu.
31st May – Day 04: Sarchu – Leh (255 Kms – 9 Hrs)
Leave for Leh by early morning, through Nakeela & Lachlangla Pass 16,617 ft, Reach Pang by afternoon lunch break at Pang, enroute More Plains (Biggest and Highest Plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms), Taglang La Pass (2nd Highest Motorable Road in the World at A Height of 17,585ft) & reaching Upshi, from here the road follows the , passing villages with there terraced Fields and neat- Whitewashed houses. On a way one notice the ruins have an ancient Fort or palace or the distant glimpse of gompa on a hill. Reach Leh by evening. O/N Leh.
1st June – Day 05: Leh – Local Sightseeing.
After breakfast drive for full day sight seeing of Hemis & Thiksey monastery with Stok Palace & Museum. Return Leh by afternoon. Lunch at Leh. Evening cultural programme at hotel. O/N Leh.
2nd June – Day 06: Leh – Pangong Lake (8-9 Hrs)
After breakfast leave by early morning for Pangong Lake 14,500 ft, through Changla Pass 17,350 ft. Third Highest Motorable road in the world. Pangong Lake, a highest salt water Lake in the world, shared by two countries India & China. Enjoy the beauty of lake on banks of the lake while appreciating the changing colors of fascinating high altitude lake. Leave back to Leh by Same Route. O/N Leh.
3rd June – Day 07: Leh – Nubra Valley (4-5 Hrs)
After breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (Highest Motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft) reach Hundur by Afternoon, rest of the day free for exploring Deskit & Hundur Villages or one can leave for two hump camel safari in sand dunes at Hundur Village. O/N Hundur
4th June – Day 08: Nubra Valley – Leh (5-6 Hrs)
After breakfast proceed for Deskit Monastery and Drive back to Leh by same Route by crossing Khardungla Pass and Visiting Shanti Stupa & Leh Fort. O/N Leh.
5th June – Day 09: Leh – Alchi (3 – 4 Hrs)
Morning after breakfast leave for Alci after Lunch Leave for Alchi Village. Visit to Alchi Gompa. And evening full at Leisure in exploring the village of Alchi. O/N Alchi.
6th June – Day 10: Alchi – Lamayuru – .
After Breakfast leave for Lamayuru (Oldest Monastery on Central Ladakh Region) enroute where you can view a spectacular view Mountain Ranges and Moon landscape & Giant Maitreya Buddha on a way To at Mulbekh. Reach by evening. O/N .
7th June – Day 11: – Drass – Sonamarg – .
Leave early in Morning for by crossing Drass (2nd Coldest Inhabitant Place on earth), Zojila Pass, Where you have a Spectacular View of Kargil War Famous Peaks (Tiger, Tololing and Other Peaks), Sonamarg (Know as The Meadow of Gold), reach by afternoon. O/N .
8th June – Day 12: – – .
Leave back for Destination for Via . Reach by evening.
Cost of Tour:
Per Person (Single sharing)
Per Person (Twin sharing)
Extra Person with extra bed (Above 12 Yrs will be considered on Extra Person).
Child between 5 - 12 yrs with no extra bed.
Child between 3 – 5 yrs with no extra bed.
Cost Includes :
1. Mumbai – Delhi – – – by Spice Jet.
2. – by 2 x 2 A/C Volvo.
3. Manali – Leh by quails / scorpio vehicle with 6 adult persons each.
4. Complete sightseeing by quails / scorpio vehicle with 6 persons each.
5. All Meals.
6. Enroute dinner from – , at local hotel.
7. Accommodation on sharing basis at Hotels / Camps.
8. Inner Line Permit for Ladakh Journey.
9. Ladakhi Local Cultural Programme at Leh.
10. Monument & Museum Entry Charges in Ladakh.
11. & Srinagar Airport Transfer.
12. Complimtentary Daily 2 mineral water bottles from onwards till Drop at Houseboat.
13. Unlimited Tea / Coffee during Journey from Onwards till Drop.
14. All Applicable Hotel Taxes.
Cost Excludes :
1. Any Kind of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
2. Insurance, Tips, Porters, Phone Calls.
3. Any Kind of Personal Expenses.
4. Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft on personal belongings.
5. Any Kind of Cost which not mentioned above.
6. Any kind of extra services or added services charges will be added extra.
7. Any Kind of Drinks (Aerated, Alcohol, Mineral)
8. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
1. Cost Quoted on Min 6 Adult Persons Traveling Together on given dates.
2. We hold no Responsibility for Confirming the Train / Flight Tickets at later stages of Journey Dates.
3. We request Tourist to Book their Journey before 2 Months in advance to avoid Flight / Train Tickets Unavailability.
4. No Refund for unutilized services.
5. For Payment / Cancellation, Please refer at our Mumbai office.
6. Payment Terms: 25% Advance (Non Refundable) while confirming the Tour and Balance Amount 15Days before Departure of the Tour.
7. We Request every Tourist to follow the Terms & Conditions of Wild Escapes, before confirming the bookings.
8. Children above 3 Yrs will be given full seat in Volvo Buses and Child Fare considered for Children above 3 Yrs till 12 Yrs. Cost Included.