Solang Valley - 13 kms outside Manali is the Solang Valley, offering spectacular views of the snow-clad mountains and the glaciers all around
Day 1: Board your train Paschim Express at 11:15 hrs, departing from Bandra terminus - Bombay. Overnight train journey
Day 2: Arrive in Ambala at approx 14:35 Hrs, & board your bus at 17:00 hrs for Manali.
Day 3: Arrive in Manali at approx 10:00 hrs & get transferred to Solang Valley by aftrenoon and allotment of rooms. Lunch & acclimatization .
Day 4: Morning After Breakfast .
Issue of Ski Equipment.
Introduction of Ski Instructors and Ski Equipment and various Skiing Techniques.. O/N Solang
How to walk with single Ski and double Ski on the flat ground, slide and balancing, fall and recovery.
Sidestepping and Herringbone stepping to climb up hill.
Day 5: Solang Valley.
Repeat previous day exercise.
How to stop while sliding down.
Traversing in Snowplough position.
Snow plough turning to both left and right side.
Lecture No.1 in the evening on Ski care and maintenance.
Day 6: Solang Valley.
Repeat previous day's exercise.
Snow plough-turning exercises through Slalom Poles.
Lecture No.2 on Skiing in India.
Day 7: Solang Valley.
Repeat all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, day exercise.
Snow plough through Slalom Poles.
Basic Swing Exercise.
Graduation ceremony & Group picture with Instructors & leave for Manali. O/N Manali.
Day 8: After breakfast check out from the hotel & some free time for shopping before boarding our bus at 15:00 hrs for Ambala. O/N Bus
Day 9: Arrive in Ambala early in morning check - into a transit hotel. Board train Paschim Express at 14:15 hrs for Bombay.
Day 10: Arrive in Bombay at approx 15:15 hrs.
- Non A/C Train from Mumbai – Ambala – Mumbai.
- Bus Journey in 2 x 2 Deluxe Coach from Ambala – Manali – Ambala.
- Jeep / Bus Cost from Manali To Solang and back.
- All Skiing Equipment (Ski Gear, Ski Pants).
- Accommodation in Hotels ( On Sharing basis as per your confirmation )
- Inclusive Of All Meals. ( Breakfast / Lunch / Evening tea / Dinner )
- Services of Wild Escapes Instructors.
- Expenses of personal nature such as phone calls, outside eatables, drinks (Mineral Water, Aerated /Alcohol Drinks), laundry, tips, etc.
- Any kind of damage done to Hotel Property & Skiing Equipment.
- Train tatkal charges.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the cost includes column.
1. Accommodation: Any Kind Of Breakage in the bedroom, bathroom or Toilet Will Have To be paid as per the Price Fixed By Hotel Management.
2. Equipment: As Ski Gear is Very Expensive, Students will Have to take Personal Care of all the equipment issued. Please keep Your Ski Runner out Side the Room. Keep Your Ski Shoes and Ski Poles under the Bed. If Students Damage/Lose Any Equipment, the Price will Have To be Paid According To Equipment Price prevailing at the time.
* Wear comfortable full cotton casual top and track pants or shorts.
* Wear good rubber sole shoes waterproof shoes.
Carry a back-pack with....
* Sunhat & Sun glasses with retainers.
* Sunscreen lotion.
* Cold Cream.
* Head lamp or Torch (With Extra Batteries)
* Chocolates and dry fruits as pocket snacks.
* Water bottle (minimum 3 lts per person, per day)
* Toilet Paper & kit.
* Personal Photo Identity (Compulsory)
Personal Medication (if any)
Notebook & Pen
* Camera with sufficient batteries and film / memory cards (optional)
* Binoculars (optional)
* Personal Clothing.
* Heavy Woolen Clothing & socks.
* Wind Stopper.
* Rain Sheet (Poncho)
* Mosquito Repellent.
For further information and purchase of adventure equipment please visit www.OutdoorTravelGear.com
Who can go on the trip??…. Anyone who is capable of taking care of oneself and is not suffering from any life-threatening disease. You should also be ready to pack light and be able to carry your own luggage. People with ailments of the heart, blood pressure, etc.. are advised not to consider this trip.
The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly.
This is not an ordinary trip. It is ideal for those who travel to learn, grow and enjoy nature, not rest and shop.
The difficulty level of this trip is very subjective. Weather conditions, physical condition, possible health problems and other factors can have an important influence on the way you experience the trip.
The trip is subjected to various parameters. We advise participants to pack only curiosity and leave expectations at home.
Anyone above 18 years is eligible for the trip.
For team safety, please inform the organizers if participants have any history of serious illness, injury or are on medication.
Payment has to be 100% at the time of confirmation.
We will not be able to cancel the trip once confirmed.
Medical Costs – In case there are any mishaps, we are not responsible for the medical costs other than initial first aid and transport from site wherever possible to the nearest medical facilities.
We will try our best to follow the above mentioned itinerary. However, there may be certain last-minute changes to the itinerary due to factors which remain out of our control.
The cost mentioned is for Indian Citizens only. Foreigners and NRIs will have to pay extra wherever required.
Kindly contact us for any further details and enrolment procedure.
the adventure begins here...!!
207, Hanuman Industrial Estate,
G.D.Ambekar Marg, Wadala,
Mumbai - 400031. INDIA
Tel: (022) 6663 5228 / 2412 2030
Related Link: www.OutdoorTravelGear.com