Nane Ghat is situated at about 55 Km from Kalyan. This sheer cliff is a well-known land mark, very clearly visible from the Kokan. The walls of this pass just out from the main range and hence command a magnificient view of the great bend in the sahyadri. To the north one can have a view of Kalsubai, to the south Bhimashanker, to the north east is Harishchandragad and to the north west is Mahuli across the Kokan plains, with its cleft and shatered pinnacles. To the southwest, behind Siddhagad are seen the level tops of Matheran. The great comb-like rock of chanderi and the pinnacles of Haji Malang are also visible. Serving as a trade route for the transport between markets since the times of Satvahanas, this pass today offers you one of the most enjoyable treks in the vicinity of Mumbai.
Activity: Night Hike
Date: Fri 27th Mar, 2009
Cost Per Person: Wild Members: Rs. 1250/-, Non Members: Rs. 1385 /-
Minimum 12 Participants
**Participants should enroll by Wednesday 25th Mar, 2009
Fri 27th Mar
20:15 Hrs Report at Dadar (East)... Opp. Parsi Gymkhana
20:30 Hrs Departure for Naneghat
22:45 Hrs Arrival at the base for the hike & collect your snacks packets.
23:00 Hrs Start hike
Sat 28th Mar
01:30 Hrs Reach the cave at Nane pass.
03:00 Hrs Descend to the base
05:00 Hrs Depart for Dadar
08:00 Hrs Reach Dadar
- Transport by private Non-A/C vehicle.
- Meals ( Snack pack / Breakfast )
- Night Hike to Naneghat.
- Services of Wild Escapes Instructors for the hike.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, Tips, Porters, Phone calls, bottled water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the Cost Includes column above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like Road blocks, bad weather.
- Wear comfortable full cotton casual top and full cotton trouser.
- Wear lightweight rubber-soled canvas shoes or sneaker.
Packed in a small back-pack are:
- Head lamp or torch with spare batteries.
- Chocolates and dry fruits as pocket snacks
- Water bottle with water (minimum 3 lts per person)
- Toilet Paper
- Personal Identity
- Personal Medication (if any)
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Wind Stopper.
- Camera with sufficient batteries and film (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Mosquito Repellent.
For further information and purchase of adventure equipment please visit www.OutdoorTravelGear.com
Who can go on the trip??…. Anyone who is capable of taking care of oneself and is not suffering from any life-threatening disease. You should also be ready to pack light and be able to carry your own luggage. People with ailments of the heart, blood pressure, etc. are advised not to consider this trip.
- The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly.
- This is not an ordinary trip. It is ideal for those who travel to learn, grow and enjoy nature, not rest and shop.
- The trip is subjected to various parameters. We advise participants to pack only curiosity and leave expectations at home.
- The cost mentioned is for Indian Citizens only. Foreigners and NRIs will have to pay extra wherever required.
- The difficulty level of this trip is very subjective. Weather conditions, physical condition, possible health problems and other factors can have an important influence on the way you experience the trip.
- For team safety, please inform the organizers if participants have any history of serious illness, injury or are on medication.
- Payment has to be 100% at the time of confirmation.
- We will not be able to cancel the trip once confirmed.
- Medical Costs – In case there are any mishaps, we are not responsible for the medical costs other than initial first aid and transport from site wherever possible to the nearest medical facilities.
- We will try our best to follow the above mentioned itinerary. However, there may be certain last-minute changes to the itinerary due to factors which remain out of our control.
CANCELLATION BY ‘YOU’ AND REFUND POLICY:
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to departure = no refund
CANCELLATION BY ‘WILD ESCAPES’ AND REFUND POLICY:
- ‘WILD ESCAPES’ reserves the right to cancel a tour if the minimum numbers of persons as specified, do not book on the tour.
- ‘WILD ESCAPES’ reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking if we consider it necessary. In such cases, we shall refund all the money that you have paid.
- If cancellation or alteration by ‘WILD ESCAPES’ is caused by events including war or threat of war, strikes, civil strife, natural disaster, technical or political difficulties affecting air or ground transport, or events amounting to force majeure, this will naturally limit our liability. If such events occur before the departure date, we will do our best to make alternative arrangements.
Kindly contact us for any further details and enrolment procedure.
the adventure begins here...!!
207, Hanuman Industrial Estate,
G.D.Ambekar Marg, Wadala,
Mumbai - 400031. INDIA
Tel: (022) 6663 5228 / 2412 2030
Related Link: www.OutdoorTravelGear.com